The firm you trust. The counselors that deliver.
Jay L. Lenrow
Jay L. Lenrow is a commercial real estate attorney who uses his extensive legal experience in both the private and public sector to support developers with commercial real estate projects across the country.
His practice deals with all aspects of real estate law as well as the drafting and negotiation of construction contracts. He also serves as general counsel for Brick Bodies Fitness Services and PF Growth Partners, LLC, one of the largest Planet Fitness franchisees. Mr. Lenrow joined Adelberg Rudow as of counsel in 2012.
An Eagle Scout who was prestigiously recognized as a distinguished Eagle, Mr. Lenrow continues to participate in scouting affairs, and he is a Vice President of the Boy Scouts of America Northeast Region and serves on several national committees of the Boy Scouts. He was an integral part of the effort to allow openly gay scouts and youth leaders to participate in Boy Scouts of America. As a Johns Hopkins alumnus, Mr. Lenrow has also contributed as former President of the Johns Hopkins Alumni Council and a former member of the Johns Hopkins Board of Trustees.
He and his wife, Ruth, reside in Lutherville-Timonium, Maryland.
- Real Estate
- Construction Group
- Business Group
- Maryland, 1977
- District of Columbia, 1980
- J. D., Washington College of Law, The American University, 1977
- B.A., The Johns Hopkins University, 1973
- 2017 Maryland Super Lawyers, Baltimore Magazine, Real Estate
- 2016 Maryland Super Lawyers, Baltimore Magazine, Real Estate
- 2015 Maryland Super Lawyers, Baltimore Magazine, Real Estate
Professional and Civic Involvement:
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association
- Member, Bar Association of Baltimore City
- Boy Scouts of America
- Executive Vice President – Northeast Region (2012 – 2015)
- Vice President for Council Operations – Northeast Region (2009 – 2012)
- President – Area 6, Northeast Region (2008 – 2009)
- President – Area 5, Northeast Region (2007 – 2008)
- Chairman – National Jewish Committee on Scouting (2005 – 2008)
- Chairman of the Board – Baltimore Area Council (2003 – 2005)
- Vice Chairman – Baltimore Area Council (2003 – 2005)
- Member – National Religious Relationships Task Force (2003 – Pres.)
- Member – National Relationships Standing Committee (2003-2009)
- Roland Park Country School
- Chairman – Development Committee (2005 – 2015)
- Member – Board of Trustees (2004 – 2015)
- Krieger Schechter Day School
- Chairman of the Annual Appeal (1996 – 1999)
- Baltimore Neighborhoods, Inc.
- Recipient – Elizabeth M. Shipley Volunteer of the Year Award (1997)
- Volunteer Legal Advisor (1982 – 2000)
- Member – Board of Directors (1986 – 1990)
- Johns Hopkins Hillel
- Member – Board of Advisors (2002 – 2015)
- Johns Hopkins Children’s Center
- Member – Advisory Board (2003 – Pres.)
- The Johns Hopkins University
- Member – Board of Trustees (2012 – Pres.)
- President – Alumni Council (2014 – Pres.)
- Executive Board – Alumni Council (1999 – 2005 and 2006 – Pres.)
- Second Decade Society (1989 – 1995)
- Chizuk Amuno Congregation
- Member – Board of Trustees (1995 – 2002)
- Chairman of Annual Fund (1999-2000)
- Friends of the Jewish Chapel of the United States Naval Academy, Inc.
- Legal Advisor to the Board of Trustees (1998 – 2005)
- Maryland Governor’s Commission on Landlord Tenant Law Reform
- Vice Chairman (1979 – 1990)
- “Maryland’s Pioneering Mechanics’ Lien Statute,” Jay L. Lenrow, Esq. and David B. Applefeld, Esq., Maryland Bar Bulletin, May 2013