The firm you trust. The counselors that deliver.
Leslie J. Polt
Leslie J. Polt brings the perspective and experience of a career spent predominately in large national firms.
Mr. Polt has developed an impressive reputation in financial services, representing banks, commercial finance companies, institutional lenders and factors in all aspects of secured lending, commercial lending, real estate finance, equipment leasing, accounts receivable finance and factoring, government contract financing, workouts and bankruptcy reorganization.
He regularly serves as Maryland counsel for national law firms in multi-state real estate transactions. Mr. Polt has published and lectured extensively on leasing, state and federal government contracts and financing.
Leslie and his wife, Audrey, are long-time Baltimore County residents. Leslie’s non-professional avocations include classical piano and amateur radio (K3JTP).
- Business Group
- Banking Group
- Bankruptcy Group
- Real Estate Group
- District of Columbia
- United States Bankruptcy Court – Maryland
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court – Maryland
- LLB, University of Maryland School of Law, 1967, with honors
- B.A., University of Maryland, 1964
Professional and Civic Involvement:
- Member, American Bar Association, Section on Business Law
- Fellow, American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association
Publications and Lectures:
- August 2017, article in The Commercial Factor (quarterly publication of the IFA): The (Not So) Obvious Considerations in Government Contract Factoring
- Maryland reporter for: Commercial Lending Law: A Jurisdiction-by-Jurisdiction guide to U.S. and Canadian Law, published by the Business Law Section of the American Bar Association in 2009, revised Second Edition 2016.
- November 2015 – presented webinar: Factoring Government Receivables, sponsored by the IFA
- Maryland reporter for: Compendium of State Commercial Laws for the International Factoring Association (“IFA”), on the IFA’s website
- July 2015 – Co-presenter of 2-day national workshop: Factoring Government Receivables, sponsored by the IFA
- Maryland reporter for: The Law of Guaranties: A Jurisdiction-by-Jurisdiction guide to U.S. and Canadian Law, published by the Business Law Section of the American Bar Association in 2013.
- May 2010 – Panelist, annual Spring Weekend of the Maryland Bankruptcy Bar Association: The Federal Assignment of Claims Act, Executory Contracts, and the Government’s Rights of Set-Off and Recoupment
- The Commercial Factor, Summer 2009, “Financing Governmental Receivables – Opportunities and Challenges“
- October 2009 – Co-presenter of 2-day national workshop: Factoring Government Receivables, sponsored by the IFA
- March 2009 – Panelist: Financing Healthcare Receivables, Association of Commercial Finance Attorneys, New York City