The firm you trust. The counselors that deliver.
Mary Rose E. Cook
Member, Estates & Trusts Chair
Mary Rose E. Cook, Member of Adelberg Rudow, has 34 years of experience in the areas of wills, estates and trusts. Ms. Cook’s practice includes estate planning, probate, litigation involving estate controversies, trust administration, and estate tax preparation. She advises clients on the estate tax planning techniques best suited for their individual needs. In addition to drafting Last Wills and Testaments, Revocable Trusts, Financial Powers of Attorney, and Advance Health Care Directives, she has established life insurance trusts, personal residence trusts, dynasty trusts, charitable lead and annuity trusts, grantor retained trusts, special needs trusts, and family limited partnerships.
Ms. Cook received her J.D., with honors, from the University of Maryland School of Law and is admitted to the Bars of Maryland and District of Columbia. She graduated from Loyola University Maryland, summa cum laude, with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science. She was the recipient of the Presidential Medal at Loyola University Maryland.
In January 2020 Ms. Cook was awarded the Leadership Award in her role as a volunteer in the Education Department at the Maryland Zoo. The Education Department has a significant focus on conservation and its mission is to save wildlife and protect wild places. The goal is to positively impact the conservation of wildlife for future generations through their dedication and unique expertise gained from working with animals to save species from extinction in their native environments.
Ms. Cook was born in Baltimore, Maryland and resides in the Hampden area of Baltimore City.
- Wills, Estates and Trusts Group
- Business Group
- Tax Group
- Maryland, 1988
- District of Columbia, 1997
- J. D., with honors, University of Maryland School of Law, 1988
- B. A., summa cum laude, Loyola University Maryland, 1985
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, 1989
Professional and Civic Involvement:
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association (Estates & Gift Tax Section)
- Member, Baltimore Estate Planning Council
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
- Secretary, The Hampden Community Council
- President, Baltimore Ski Club, Inc.
- Volunteer, The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore
- Sea Dunes Homeowners’ Association, Inc. Kitty Hawk, NC (Member-at-Large; Past President)
- The Humane Society of Baltimore County, Inc., Black Tie & Tails (Past Committee Member)