The firm you trust. The counselors that deliver.
William J. Thomas
Bill Thomas is a banking, finance and payment systems attorney with national and global experience. Bill was an experienced banker before becoming an attorney nearly thirty years ago, primarily working in banks’ technology and operations divisions.
He represents lenders and borrowers in documenting, negotiating and closing commercial loan transactions, including real estate, asset-based, SBA and Exim finance transactions. He has extensive experience in representing domestic banks in cross-border transactions.
Bill also represents financial institutions and other businesses in connection with payments systems, treasury management and payment network matters, including: (a) drafting and negotiating letter of credit reimbursement agreements, wire transfer agreements, ACH agreements, remote deposit capture agreements, internet banking agreements, sponsorship agreements, acquirer agreements and network agreements, as well as related technology agreements and licenses; and (b) problem solving with respect to controversies arising in connection with such matters.
He also represents financial institutions and other businesses in regulatory matters directly with regulators with respect to compliance with federal and state laws, sufficiency of risk management and compliance policies and procedures.
- Commercial Loans
- Payment Systems
- Letters of Credit
- Financial Regulation
- Intellectual Property
- Maryland, 1987
- District of Columbia, 1990
- J.D., University of Maryland School of Law, 1987
- B.A., International Studies, The Ohio State University, 1982
- Martindale-Hubbell®, Top Rated Lawyer™, In DC-Baltimore
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent® Rating, 2022
- Martindale-Hubbell®, 35 Year Anniversary, 2022
- The American Registry, America’s Most Honored Lawyers, Top 1 Percent, 2021
Professional and Civic Involvement:
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association