Ms. Persson represents companies of all sizes and maturity, most frequently in the technology, health care, manufacturing, retail and international distribution, and construction industries. Much of Ms. Persson’s practice focuses on complex business transactions, corporate governance and private securities, data privacy and security, intellectual property protection and licensing, employment matters, corporate compliance programs, and tax controversies. She is an out-of-the-box thinker and approaches all matters pragmatically.
Ms. Persson’s 17+ years’ legal experience is complemented by 15+ years of business management experience; consequently, many of her clients engage her for soup-to-nuts counsel, including house calls. Whether stewarding a multimillion-dollar acquisition or joint venture, negotiating settlement of a business dispute, helping plan a new product launch, location, or incentive plan, dealing with a sensitive employment issue, or drafting B2B or B2C SaaS agreements subject to the GDPR, Ms. Persson’s approach is the same – informed, proactive, down-to-earth, and ever mindful of her clients’ best interests, and budgets. Ms. Persson’s goal is to be regarded as a trusted member of her clients’ strategic and operational teams, not just as “the lawyer”.
Ms. Persson joined ARD&H in December 2010, bringing with her practical insight into how businesses compete, market, and operate domestically and internationally. Prior to working at ARD&H, Ms. Persson served as Deputy General Counsel of Fila U.S.A., Inc., a licensee of the Fila® brand, managed the company’s Inbound Logistics and Customs Compliance Department, and provided counsel to the company’s retail and ecommerce affiliates. Earlier, Ms. Persson worked at two downtown-Baltimore law firms where she represented clients involved in chemical manufacturing and distribution, rental car franchising, investment advising, real estate development, shopping center leasing and management, and transportation.
Ms. Persson has been a resident of the great State of Maryland since 1997. In her spare time, you will most likely spot Ms. Persson at Ravens Stadium, Camden Yards, or the hiking trails of Patapsco State Park.
- Business Group
- Healthcare Practice Group
- Intellectual Property Group
- Real Estate Group
- Tax Group
- Maryland, 2000
- LL.M. Taxation, University of Baltimore School of Law, 2005
- J. D., University of Maryland School of Law, 2000
- B. S., summa cum laude, University of Central Florida, 1993
Professional and Civic Involvement:
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association (2000 – ); Member at Large, Business Law Section of the Maryland State Bar Association (2012 -2015); Co-Chair, Technology Committee (2014-2017)
- Member, American Bar Association, Science and Technology Section (2018 – )
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals, Privacy Bar Section (2018 – )
- Member, Bar Association of Baltimore City; Business Law Section (2011 – ); Past Chair (2012-2014),
- Member, Board of Directors, Make Art Studio, Inc. (2013-2014)