Mr. Rudow graduated from the University of Maryland, where he earned B.S. and J.D. degrees. Mr. Rudow is admitted to the Maryland Bar, U.S. Tax Court, U.S. Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, and U.S. Supreme Court.
Before practicing law, he served as a field agent with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service and became a Certified Public Accountant in Maryland. The range of his practice includes federal and state taxation, business transactions, real estate and estate planning. Mr. Rudow has had broad experience representing clients in matters involving acquisitions, mergers, and sales of businesses, federal and state tax controversies, as well as resolving disputes among partners and stockholders. His broad business and tax practice includes counseling individuals, closely-held and family businesses in corporate, tax and succession planning issues. He represents clients in all aspects of estate planning, estate administration and estate controversies. He also has extensive experience in real estate matters and in representing health care professionals.
Mr. Rudow has frequently lectured at seminars sponsored by the Maryland State Bar Association, the Maryland Institute for the Continuing Professional Education of Lawyers, the American Health Lawyers Association, Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants Chesapeake Tax Conferences and other professional and business organizations. The programs have covered a variety of tax-related matters, including current corporate tax developments; drafting wills and trusts; representation of physicians; numerous tax acts; and federal estate, gift and income tax planning and controversies.
His extensive involvement in professional organizations at the local, state, and national levels includes chairmanship of the Maryland State Bar Association’s Section of Taxation, chairmanship of the Baltimore Estate and Gift Tax Study Group, committee work in the Tax Section of the American Bar Association, and service on the Board of Directors of the Baltimore Estate Planning Council.
Mr. Rudow is a Fellow (Member) of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel. Mr. Rudow served as a member of Baltimore City’s Blue Ribbon Committee on Taxes and Fees, a member of Baltimore City’s Land Bank Authority Task Force and a member of Baltimore City’s Outcome Budgeting Results Team.
Mr. Rudow has been named Best Lawyers® 2013 Corporate Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Baltimore. He is included in The Best Lawyers in America® 2003 through 2018 and Maryland Super Lawyers for the years 2007 through 2018. He has been selected a Top 50 of Business/Corporate Maryland Super Lawyers for 2011 and a Top 100 in Business/Corporate Maryland Super Lawyers for 2012.
Mr. Rudow resides in the Roland Park area of Baltimore City with his wife, Vivian Adelberg Rudow, a composer, and he enjoys boating, fishing and golf during his leisure time.
- Business Group
- Real Estate Group
- Healthcare Practice Group
- Tax Group
- Wills, Estates and Trusts Group
- Maryland, 1960
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1964
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit, 1969
- U.S. Tax Court, 1960
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, 1961
- J.D., University of Maryland, 1960
- B.S., University of Maryland, 1956
- 2018 Maryland Super Lawyers, Baltimore Magazine, Business/Corporate
- Best Lawyers® in America, 2018 in the fields of Corporate Law, Tax Law and Trusts and Estates
- 2017 Maryland Super Lawyers, Baltimore Magazine, Business/Corporate
- Best Lawyers® in America, 2017 in the fields of Corporate Law, Tax Law and Trusts and Estates
- 2016 Maryland Super Lawyers, Baltimore Magazine, Business/Corporate
- Best Lawyers® in America, 2016 in the fields of Corporate Law, Tax Law and Trusts and Estates
- 2015 Maryland Super Lawyers, Baltimore Magazine, Business/Corporate
- Best Lawyers® in America, 2015 in the fields of Corporate Law, Tax Law and Trusts and Estates
- 2014 Maryland Super Lawyers, Baltimore Magazine, Business/Corporate
- 2013 Maryland Super Lawyers, Baltimore Magazine, Business/Corporate
- Best Lawyers® 2013 Corporate Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Baltimore
- 2012 Super Lawyers Business Edition, Business/Corporate
- 2012 Maryland Super Lawyers, Baltimore Magazine, Top 100 Business Corporate Lawyers
- 2010-2011 Maryland Super Lawyers, Baltimore Magazine, Business Corporate
- 2007 – 2009 Maryland Super Lawyers
- January, 2009, Corporate Counsel, Business/Corporate Practice Area
- 2007 Leadership in Law, The Daily Record
- 2004 Innovator of the Year, The Daily Record
Professional and Civic Involvement:
- Certified Public Accountant, (Inactive), Maryland, 1958
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association (Sections of: Taxation-Past Chair; Estates and Trusts; Corporations, Business and Banking)
- Member, The Bar Association of Baltimore City
- Member, American Bar Association (Sections of: Taxation; Real Property, Probate and Trust; Corporations, Banking and Business)
- Member, Baltimore Estate Planning Council (Past Member Board of Directors)
- Har Sinai Congregation (Past President)
- Baltimore Efficiency & Economy Foundation, Inc. (Founder, Board Member and Past President)
- Roland Park Community Foundation, Inc. (Founder and Past President)
Publications and Lectures:
- Maryland Institute for Continuing Professional Education of Lawyers, Maryland State Bar Association, Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants Chesapeake Tax Institute, and American Health Lawyers Association.