For over 50 years, David Rudow has combined the hallmark diligence of an accountant with his adept ability to resolve complicated business law challenges to better provide counsel and transactional support to clients in commercial legal matters.
Drawing from his background as a CPA and field agent for the Internal Revenue Service, Mr. Rudow is uniquely qualified to provide tax and business law representation for corporations, individuals and closely-held private businesses involving business transactions, mergers, acquisitions, tax controversies and stockholder disputes. He has extensive experience with real estate and healthcare professionals and also represents clients in all aspects of estate planning and administration.
Mr. Rudow has been extensively involved in both local and national professional organizations throughout his career, including chairmanship of the Maryland State Bar Association’s Section of Taxation, chairmanship of the Baltimore Estate and Gift Tax Study Group, committee work in the Tax Section of the American Bar Association and service on the Board of Directors of the Baltimore Estate Planning Council. Utilizing his deep knowledge of tax regulations, David Rudow has frequently lectured at a wide variety of seminars on a range of tax-related matters.
Mr. Rudow resides in Baltimore County with his wife, Vivian Adelberg Rudow, a composer, and he enjoys boating, fishing and golf during his leisure time.
- Business Group
- Real Estate Group
- Healthcare Practice Group
- Tax Group
- Wills, Estates and Trusts Group
- Maryland, 1960
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1964
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit, 1969
- U.S. Tax Court, 1960
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, 1961
- J.D., University of Maryland, 1960
- B.S., University of Maryland, 1956
- Best Lawyers® in America, 2018 in the fields of Corporate Law, Tax Law and Trusts and Estates
- Best Lawyers® 2013 Corporate Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Baltimore
- 2013 – 2018 Maryland Super Lawyers, Baltimore Magazine, Business/Corporate
- 2012 Super Lawyers Business Edition, Business/Corporate
- 2012 Maryland Super Lawyers, Baltimore Magazine, Top 100 Business Corporate Lawyers
- 2010-2011 Maryland Super Lawyers, Baltimore Magazine, Business Corporate
- January, 2009 Maryland Super Lawyers, Corporate Counsel, Business/Corporate Practice Area
- 2007 – 2009 Maryland Super Lawyers
- 2007 Leadership in Law, The Daily Record
- 2004 Innovator of the Year, The Daily Record
Professional and Civic Involvement:
- Certified Public Accountant, (Inactive), Maryland, 1958
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association (Sections of: Taxation-Past Chair; Estates and Trusts; Corporations, Business and Banking)
- Member, The Bar Association of Baltimore City
- Member, American Bar Association (Sections of: Taxation; Real Property, Probate and Trust; Corporations, Banking and Business)
- Member, Baltimore Estate Planning Council (Past Member Board of Directors)
- Har Sinai Congregation (Past President)
- Baltimore Efficiency & Economy Foundation, Inc. (Founder and Past President)
- Roland Park Community Foundation, Inc. (Founder and Past President)
Publications and Lectures:
- Maryland Institute for Continuing Professional Education of Lawyers, Maryland State Bar Association, Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants Chesapeake Tax Institute, and American Health Lawyers Association.