Leslie J. Polt joined Adelberg Rudow in January, 2007 after several years as partner in a national firm. Mr. Polt represents banks, commercial finance companies, leasing companies, factoring companies, and other institutional lenders in such areas as asset-based financing, bankruptcy and reorganizations, commercial lending, healthcare finance, government contract factoring, turnarounds and debt restructure, commercial real estate finance and other areas of commercial law.
Mr. Polt has also published and lectured extensively on leasing and financing.
Mr. Polt serves as Maryland reporter for the Compendium of State Commercial Lending Laws, and the Compendium of the State Laws of Guaranty, both published by the Commercial Finance Committee of the American Bar Association.He also serves on the ABA Business Law Section’s Joint Task Force on Deposit Account Control Agreements.
- Business Group
- Banking Group
- Bankruptcy Group
- Real Estate Group
- District of Columbia
- United States Bankruptcy Court – Maryland
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court – Maryland
- LLB, University of Maryland School of Law, 1967, with honors
- B.A., University of Maryland, 1964
Professional and Civic Involvement:
- Member, American Bar Association, Section on Business Law
- Member, Bankruptcy Bar Association for the District of Maryland
- Fellow, American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association
Publications and Lectures:
- The Commercial Factor, Summer 2009, “Financing Governmental Receivables – Opportunities and Challenges“
- Mr. Polt was a panelist at the Spring Meeting of the Business Law Section of the American Bar Association in March, 2007. The program was entitled “Financing Healthcare Providers and Government Contractors – Understanding and Dealing with the Government as Primary Payor, Account Debtor and Regulator.”
- Mr. Polt was a panelist at a March 2009 program The Association of Commercial Finance Attorneys on “Secured Lending to Healthcare Borrowers.”
- Mr. Polt was co-presenter at a July, 2015 workshop on factoring governmental receivables and presented a webinar on the same topic in November, 2014, both sponsored by the International Factoring Association.