Our team approach permeates everything we do.
Our Family Law attorneys are experienced in all phases of the separation and divorce process including negotiating agreements, trying cases and handling appeals. We also are trained and experienced in alternative dispute resolution methods such as mediation and collaborative law. Our experienced attorneys, who have been recognized by their peers as top family law lawyers in Maryland, draw upon the resources of the firm’s other practice areas such as Business, Real Estate, Tax, and Estates & Trusts to assist in rendering advice on tax, business and other matters in the context of separation and divorce. Our attorneys work closely with your other professional advisors including accountants, tax preparers, real estate agents, business brokers, business valuators, vocational counselors, psychologists, custody evaluators, physicians, financial planners and advisors, etc. Our Family Law Group represents and counsels clients regarding:
- marital separation and divorce,
- child custody, visitation, and co-parenting plans;
- child support,
- division of marital and non-marital property,
- use and possession claims to the family home and related property,
- preparation of marital settlement agreements (and pre-nuptial agreements),
- same sex marriages and divorces,
- adult adoptions for estate and inheritance purposes,
- domestic violence and protection matters, peace orders, and
- financial and tax analysis, business valuations in divorces, etc.