PAYMENT SYSTEMS & FINANCIAL SERVICES
Adelberg Rudow’s Payment Systems and Financial Services group represents banks, credit and debit card processors and networks, treasury management services users, technology companies, importers and exporters with respect to:
- Check, ACH, wire transfer, credit and debit card, letter of credit and bank payment obligation, foreign exchange and options controversies, bank fraud, defalcation and loss events (under UCC Article 3, 4, 4A and 5, Check 21, Reg. J and Reg. CC, ACH Rules, VISA Rules and other network rules, ISDA protocols and guidelines, SWIFT Rules, ISP, UCP and URBPO);
- Drafting and negotiating of treasury management, cash management, network and payment technology, remote deposit capture, internet banking agreements, business associate agreements and network agreements and standard forms;
- Regulatory matters including (including direct representation to state and federal regulators):
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)/Federal Reserve Regulations B, E, J, CC, O and W;
- Dodd-Frank (including remittance transfers);
- Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering laws generally;
- Patriot Act;
- Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC);
- Gramm–Leach Bliley Act;
- State breach laws; and
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Drafting and negotiating IP licenses, vendor agreements, marketing partner agreements and outsourcing agreements (both domestic and off shore).
- Providing expert testimony as to banking procedures and policies, and sufficiency of controls with respect to payment systems and financial technology.
William J. Thomas